I love writing with fountain pens.People tell me my hand-writing is so neat and legible.I am kinda of a traditional fountain pen user.And i always prefer the "Hero pens",It's been nearly 9 years now since I have started to write using "Hero pens" mostly.Actually it was from a friend of mine that i got used to this habit of using only this type of pens,I was always a fan of his handwriting. He had an excellent cursive writing and used mostly "Hero pens",So i switched to his style when i was in my 6th or 7th std.
When i first started using hero pens,I used to lend them to my friends at times.But when they came back to me,Somehow they did not write properly and in the same way as they did earlier.Later one day i read an article about "how to use a fountain pen" by Waterman who is the inventor of the fountain pen.The first point in that article was this "never lend your pen to others"it was said that these kind of pens should be "Single user" for better performances.After that I very rarely lent my Fountain pens to others,I started carrying gel pens and ball points just to protect my hero pens!!!!And when it comes to exams i always carry 2 or 3 pens with me as i dont not want to take any chances.Becoz even if my preparation is going to be bad, as it is in most cases:D!! With my hand-writing I can bargain with the examiner for marks,as most of the students do!!I hate to write with gel pens and ball-points i believe they murder a good presentation and a good-handwriting.
My teacher once asked for my "pen"as I could not say no so,I reluctantly gave her mine,.She was impressed with my pen,She said that my pen was so smooth and it wrote so well and she also asked me to season a new pen for her.And she used to appreciate me for maintaining my pens,so well.I maintain my pens so religiously!!I think i got this habit from my Grand father,for instance take this,He had a "hero pen" too and he had it for 4 or 5 years!!!!He hardly lent his pen to anyone and he maintained it so well,that even after 4 years,the pen was good and it wrote so perfectly!!
I've even tried writing with parker pens,but i found they missed something when compared to my favorites!Writing with a new "Hero pen"is kinda annoying ,Becoz the nib is so rough on papers.But slowly in 5 to 6 days the pen gets seasoned so well and u have a good pen for yourself!!A booster for your hand-writing!!I simply love to write with "Hero pens".
gooooooddddd,,,,tis article bring back even my childhood experience with hero pen da,,,,,
ReplyDeleteits good, even i am fond of hero pen because of u
ReplyDelete