Is there anything called ghosts?What would ur answer be??To me.. I dont believe in the existence of ghosts,becoz i dont believe in the existence of GOd neither.But a "A TRUTH IS ALWAYS A TRUTH" and what is it???Thats what I am trying to find out...My believes are based on the books i read,the people i be with and my own rational thoughts .I am an adult ,i can analyze and only on that basis i shall believe something.But what about a Kid who is only 8 yrs old??will he also be able to react in the same way as an adult?Wouldn't it be a different scenario altogether??A child's world is totally different,there are different rules,different attitudes,different believes.Don't u agree with me?
Times change,with that even people!!!As a kid,I always believed in the existence of ghosts!! I feared for ghosts!!I always believed that i had a visitor in the dark!I wont go to the terrace after 7 in the evening.I myself was a victim of my own fears.But still i had a consolation,it was that i had a little brother who also feared ghosts!!u might think why it would be a consolation??well!!you are a big brother,so whatever goofy things u bluff, Sounds true and religiously believed by your younger brother!this helped at times to shift my own fears to him,i traded them at times...just for myself to get away with the fears..I used to say all kinda stories..As far as my imaginations go and scare him!!when he got scared i would ask him to be bold and mock at him for being so timid!In that way my fears was now with my brother!!so cheap..huh??I told u already a Child's world is different!!Day time was always so beautiful,Night was sometimes frightful!!i can recall an incident in my life!
It was an evening,i was in my vacations..i was all by myself as my mom and brother went out for sum shopping,Dad was out of station.I was not keeping well so I was asked to sleep..so after 1 hour of sleep i woke up and i found still no one had arrived.I went to the hall and i was playing my TV Video games...it was getting late,getting darker!!after sometime i heard sounds of anklets..(in tamil cinemas they always portrayed ghosts of girls to be wearing a white saree and anklets!!!!:) )the sounds were coming all around my house..Like someone wearing anklets was walking around...I wanted to peep into the window to see if there was someone outside trying to scare me or i had a new ghost friend waiting to say HI!..but i didnt have the guts,what if it was really a Ghost of a girl??suddenly the sound stopped...my imagination was like an untamed wild horse..I couldnt control it I thought of all possibilities..I thought it must be some ghost of a young girl which wanted to kill me and all terrible stuff!!But why did the sound stop?was it a real ghost?then suddenly i heard sounds of the pedals of my cycle being rotated manually.You can imagine my situation,Just a kid who is already uncomfortable with the concept of ghosts hearing all strange sounds.. he is alone in his house no one to help!!...and suddenly the pedal sound stopped too..again sounds of anklets!!THIS TIME I believed IT MUST BE A GHOST and its coming after me!I had to protect myself!i searched for something,some weapon!!I had this toy AIR GUN so took it with all those beads which were used as bullets(its ok..i was just a kid, and it was all i had to protect me!!)and i went into the kitchen i found a knife,i grabbed it...i took both of them and i went into the bedroom...i turned on, all the lights and sat on my bed,just waiting in fright and anxiety to meet an uninvited guest..By that time it was totally dark outside, the sounds of anklets was now coming from outside the bedroom window..
I had my heart in my mouth!!Scare and fright was eating me up..I could not give up!i had to win it..i had my gun loaded and ready to go in my right hand...the knife was in my left i was telling to myself watever it is i had to face it!!I heard the sounds for more than half an hour by now!but suddenly,to my surprise,the anklets sound was fading away..seemed like the ghost was retreating!and finally the sound died completely,Total silence!I could hear my Wall ClocK ticking...i was relieved now..totally..and soon my mom arrived!!She was opening the front gate..now i was SAFE!as the key was with my mom she opened the door and came..meanwhile i kept the knife where i took it from and i switched off the video games and all lights and i went back to bed pretending to be asleep!Becoz,i didn't want to get scolded by my mom...i pulled over the bed sheet,mom came saw her son sleeping peacefully and she went to the hall.Not knowing anything about the encounter which her son witnessed!!i didn't tell anything about it either!I used to think to myself..what was it ?a ghost??or someone who tried to break into the house!!it was definitely not my own imaginations..i was sure about that..Even if it was a woman-thief" why would she wear anklets which will break her stealth??and what did she get in just wandering around the house??If it was a prank by someone,how did the cycle which was inside the house made such a noise rotating itself??( i didnt have the guts to go see the cycle either)After that day i heard knocking on my study room windows in the night every now and then...For months i didn't sit in my study room at night...
That was my encounter as a kid!!Now when i look back i am totally clueless.I grew up,I am an adult..I can reason,i can think,I know what is logical,I know what is possible...If i have to believe in something I wanted a proof!!But when it comes to this, though I,myself had witnessed,I really can't accept the existence of the "so-called" GHOSTS!!!Though my reasoning,my believes and my ego conflicts with what i experienced,"A TRUTH IS ALWAYS A TRUTH" and what is it???That's all i am trying to find out..Till date I've not got an answer....There are many questions for which you can't find an answer..let me add another question to that list!!!!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment